Resources for the APA Games Workshop, September 14, 2014
Games to play and/or discuss:
Brainstorm: Games for the Classroom
Discussion: Learning Principles from Games
Resources from my ProfHacker Games in the Classroom Series:
Making Games With…
Suggested Additional Readings
- Bogost, Ian. How to Do Things with Videogames. UCP, 2011.
- Chen, Jenova. Flow in Games.
- Flanagan, Mary. Critical Play: Radical Game Design. Triliteral, 2009.
- Gee, James Paul. Deep Learning Properties of Good Digital Games.
- Kazemi, Darius. Fuck Videogames.
- Koster, Raph. Theory of Fun.
- McGonigal, Jane. Gaming can Make a Better World.
- Sample, Mark. Be Weird.
- A New Culture of Learning, Douglas Thomas and John Brown