“Nintendo History Lesson”
Andy Varshine and Sean McNakin
- Fusajiro Yamauchi began Nintendo in 1889, originally a playing card
- Expanded company into japan
- 1949 Hiroshi becomes new president of Nintendo. With a new vision, he
fired anyone who he thought might challenge his authority.
- One Hiroshi becomes president, Nintendo takes a different path to such things
as instant rice, the love hotel, and taxi cabs.
- Once these ventures failed, Hiroshi decided to explore the idea of toys.
No gaming systems were introduced in this article, because the origins of
Nintendo was in card games.
What would have happened to Ninentdo had they not gone into the gaming industry and
stuck with their other ventures?
How would the gaming industry be different without Nintendo?
What direction would Nintendo take if Hiroshi did not change the company dramatically?